Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
Gastonia, NC 28054
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate all kinds of welding equipment on any job assigned.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, work orders, operation sheets, and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements.
- Selects proper rods and temperatures according to type and thickness of metal to obtain required strength and appearance.
- Continually checks work to maintain quality of weld.
- Performs heating and cutting operations.
- Be able to weld in all positions.
- Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Interpersonal Skills - Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance / Punctuality Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability Follows instructions, responds to management discretion.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, work orders, operation sheets, and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to perform cleat welding, subassembly welding, single piece frame and tank welding.
Education and/or Experience:
- Welding certificate or diploma from college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pulse welder experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands or reach with arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move one hundred or more pounds .
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and to humid conditions during summer months. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Frequent exposure to fumes, sparks, flash, and heat.
Shift: 2nd (4: 00 p.M. - 12: 00 a.M.)
Days: Monday - Friday
Pay: $16.50-18.00/hour* (based on performance on the weld test)
*Plus a shift premium of $1.00/hour