Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
Vehicle electronics installer
Asheville, NC 28802
Do you love wiring cars or working with electronics while supporting law enforcement and first responders? Do you have one (1) or more years of experience installing car radios, car alarms, body work and more in a fast-paced shop or related experience?
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate proficiency with installation of mobile and fixed wireless radio equipment consistent with manufacturer and company guidelines
- Remove and re-install OEM vehicle interior trim
- Install electrical wiring, connect electrical fittings, drill holes, soldering and perform all physical tasks associated with modifying vehicles for the acceptance of emergency-related equipment
- Develop wiring routes throughout the vehicle for the most efficient wiring path and enable future replacement and/or troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with equipment as necessary
- Complete installations for diverse range of vehicle makes and models, including sedans, SUVs, commercial trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly tools and work area
- Continuous learning in new products, skills techniques from colleagues and manufacturers
- Assist with parts, shipping, receiving and inventory as needed
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
Ideal candidate should have the following skills, experience and education:
- Willingness to learn new technologies in public safety communications and equipment
- Experience in or basic knowledge of automotive wiring concepts preferred
- Experience in or basic knowledge of installation and troubleshooting two-way radios, sirens, warning lights, and other public safety vehicular equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
- Ability to succeed in an often fast-paced environment, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED (Associate Degree Preferred) with at least 2 years of technical experience, or a combination of related education / experience.
- Must be able to interact and communicate professionally.
- Proven track record of reliability and responsibility.
- High level of integrity.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally ascend / descend a ladder. Employees should be able to operate a motor vehicle.