Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
Production Operator - Candler
Asheville, NC 28802
TalentForce, a leading provider of temporary staffing since 1987, is currently hiring for several Production Operators for a major client in Candler, NC. Looking for energetic folks with a good attitude willing to grow in the company. These are temp to hire positions.
Production Operators are responsible for daily operations of non-woven production lines ensuring quality products and achieving key performance measurements.
Processes include opening, carding, entangling, drying, calendaring, winding, slitting and packaging equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being a team player willing to both give and receive feedback
- Perform duties in a safe manner including reporting unsafe operations immediately
- Follow all company policies
- Work under the guidance of the team lead to perform duties in a timely manner
- Inspect and recommend improvements for replacements, malfunctions and repairs
- Changeover process: setup production before job orders ensuring product recipe compliance
- Ensure all process parameters are set as per the recipe or within acceptable range defined by Process to ensure quality
- Bring samples to the lab per defined inspection plan
- Fill all Process and Quality records as requested. Report changes for process parameters or issues with equipment to Team Lead and Process Engineers
- Perform preventative maintenance per defined schedule. Operator PM' s are completed and signed off
- Maintain work area for cleanliness and organization
- Contribute to waste management programs
- Use JHI Operating System for O&B, carding, entangling, winder and slitter operations. Scanning raw materials and finished goods.
- Attend all training classes scheduled for Operators
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, experience and skills required for placement:
2 years manufacturing experience
Very good computer skills
Good mechanical skills
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to work a rotating schedule (12hr shifts)
Pre-hire background check and drug screen
Temp to hire with benefits day 1 once hired on by client
Every 28 days scheduled a week off - schedule is set for the year
Job Type: Full-time Temp to Hire
Salary: $13.77 /hour