Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
Asheville, NC 28802
The Press Operator position operates injection molding presses in the assembly process under the Molding shift supervisor and direction of the Operations Manager. The Press Operator works with parts produced by an injection molding press and inspects parts for quality conformance according to the customer and production standards outlined in work instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow written work instructions
- Meet production requirements to meet or exceed customer on-time delivery
- Inspect parts throughout the production process to verify quality expectations are being meet or exceeded
- Detects and reports nonconforming materials to area lead or direct supervisor
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work area
- Maintain accurate internal production records
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks: insert purchase components, prepare work area, prepare packaging materials, correctly use the computerized labeling system, use intouch
- Must be able to use but not limited to the following tools: gate cutter, ID gun, packaging materials, utility knives, deburrers, hot plates, clip pusher, torch, sandpaper, drill, hammer, PPE, fixtures, pliers
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set up
- Periodic duties: rework, running multiple presses, gate swinger
- Maintains awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how each contributes to achieving quality objectives.
- Prompt and regular attendance as scheduled.
- Works safely and without injury.
- Participates in the biannual plant inventory
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred but not required
- Must complete ConMet provided operator certification
- Initiative Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Teamwork Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes new members and promotes a team atmosphere; emphasizes cooperation and collaboration; treats coworkers like internal customers.
- Energy Having passion - demonstrating the physical and mental stamina necessary to meet the challenges.
- Quality Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Productivity Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, meets deadlines, handles information flow.
- Coping with Ambiguity/Complexity Demonstrating the ability to understand, clarify and manage ambiguous and complex issues/circumstances.
- Job Knowledge Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Work Environment/Safety Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs.
Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence in the English language. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Must have basic computer literacy.
Must have adequate mathematical skills to count and calculate.
Physical and Visual Activities:
Standing, walking, lifting, carrying, balancing, stooping, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, acuity-far, acuity-near, depth perception and field of vision.
Requires a combination of standing and walking. The press operator must lift up to 35 pounds regularly. May require lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance. Use of hands/fine motor skills.
This position requires working in a shop environment. May be exposed to loud operating machinery, high or low temperatures, hydrologic oil, chemicals, dust, and vapors.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software:
Press computer, Intouch, labeling system, and other software specific to this position s duties. Must be able to use but not limited to the following tools: gate cutter, ID gun, packaging materials, utility knives, deburrers, hot plates, clip pusher, torch, sandpaper, drill, hammer, PPE, fixtures, pliers. Must understand working with a press.