Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
Plastic Extrusion Operator
Toccoa, GA 30577
Job Summary: Set up, operate, or tend machines to extrude or draw thermoplastic materials into sheets, or structural shapes.
- Work safely and follow all safety instructions and look out for the safety of others.
- Measure and examine extruded products in order to locate defects, and to check for conformance to specifications, adjust controls as necessary to alter products.
- Change extruding machine setup according to production line changes following specifications on the QC sheet and other relevant documents.
- Set the machines and manage materials to keep production running to specification (colorant, regrind, pelletized, virgin, additives, masking, NSF Labels, pallets etc.)
- Ensure the extruded sheet is properly packaged to ensure quality and safe shipment.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of the line and scrap.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and make minor repairs to equipment.
- Provide continuous improvement ideas to help improve quality, productivity and reduce cost.
- Perform operator and preventive maintenance task as required to maintain equipment.
- Monitor line for problems or defects in the material.
- Train and provide guidance to extrusion technician trainees, plastic operators, and others as required.
- Take initiative to help out others and provide assistance.
- Maintain and ensure accurate paperwork.
- Clean the line and work area.
- Any other duties as asked by supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED, Plastic Extrusion
- Technical Certification or associate degree.
- At least two years plastics extrusion experience for Extrusion Technician.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Additional languages preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Safety Data Sheets, and other literature as required.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Good mathematics skills.
We look forward to speaking with you - please call us at 706-282-0978 or come by our office at 221 N Broad Street in Toccoa, GA to apply for this open position.