Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
Material Handler/Forklift Driver
Duncan, SC 29334
REPORTS TO: Shipping/Receiving Supervisor
SUMMARY: Generates and maintains an account of all materials, transfers and receipts throughout the plant using the MRP system. Loads, unloads, and/or moves materials within or near plant, or work site .
- Performs alphanumeric data entry operations as required to ship and receive all incoming and outgoing materials into the inventory system with real time transactions.
- Receives all small package shipments as required verifying incoming and outgoing material against packing slip/purchase order for accuracy.
- Investigation of supplier shipment discrepancies.
- Report over/under shipments to supplier and supervisor for immediate resolution.
- Hilo trained, and will obey all hilo laws.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from trucks, pallets, racks, and shelves by hand, or hilo.
- Conveys materials between designated areas and performs all inventory transactions between control points.
- Verifies all labels and tags.
- Participates in problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Completes operator check sheets on hilos and keeps hilos clean.
- Performs various housekeeping activities.
- Understand your responsibility for health and safety in the workplace. Cooperate with OSHA MIOSHA inspectors. Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment. Follow all safety rules. Report unsafe conditions immediately. Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately. Will not remove or make ineffective any protective device such as a guard, light curtain, etc. Will not use or operate any machine or equipment that the employee is not trained to operate. Will not use or operate any machine or equipment in a manner that may endanger any employee including themselves.
- Communicates shortages/problems to appropriate personnel.
- Stocks product in assigned bins.
- Assists receiving with raw in-process material that is to be moved to the warehouse or main floor.
- Participates in all inventory checks.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Six months experience in receiving related field preferred
- Industrial truck driving experience preferred.
- Hi-lo certification required.