Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.

Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!


Forklift Warehouse Operator

Asheville, NC 28802

Posted: 12/04/2018 Industry: Industrial/Service Job Number: 1329288
Job Summary
To receive and store goods from Fulfillment operations and vendors, and to ship outgoing products to customers.

Job Responsibilities
  1. Receives components from Fulfillment operations, affixes appropriate label, and stores components in racks.
  2. Selects, moves and stages materials for assembly or shipment.
  3. Loads and unloads trucks in a safe and efficient manner using forklift, hand truck, or pallet jack.
  4. Checks all incoming shipments to verify quantity received and inspects for damage.
  5. Generates shipping and receiving reports.
  6. Assists with physical inventory counts.
  7. Performs daily equipment inspections.
  8. Performs all duties in a safe manner in accordance with Company safety policies and regulations.
  9. Uses inventory management systems (windows based).
  10. Maintains regular and reliable attendance.

Other Responsibilities
  1. Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
  2. Flexible and willing to alter schedule as requested to meet department demands. This may include overtime, weekends or daily adjustments to schedule.
  3. Other duties / responsibilities may be assigned to this position at the manager s discretion.

Job Requirements
  1. SKILL
Education / Trade Knowledge-
  • High School diploma or GED required.
  • Minimum of six months in general warehousing, shipping or receiving.
  • Must have good reading, writing and math skills.
  • Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
  • Ability to operate material handling equipment, such as hand truck, pallet jack and forklift
  • Proficient in basic computer skills are necessary
Experience-
  • This position requires up to three months work experience to become proficient in all phases of the job.

Independent Action and Judgment-
  • Work priorities are established by supervisor, requires the ability to understand and follow basic instructions and the use of equipment involving few decisions.


  1. EFFORT
Physical Demand-
  • Walking and/or standing required 60% of the time. The other 40% of time is spent operating a forklift and lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling and stooping in order to maneuver products. At time, may be asked to lift. Over 50 pounds while loading and unloading trucks.

Mental and/or Visual Demand-
  • Mental and visual demand varies according to task performed. Frequent mental and visual alertness is required when performing inventory counts, data entry, verification and documentation.

Responsibilities for equipment / processes / material / work and safety of others
  • More than average steady care required to prevent damage to product
  • Reasonable care for equipment / process will prevent damage
  • Responsible for own work but may coordinate work with others
  • Attentiveness to work procedure to reduce risk of minor injury in work area, self or others.

  1. WORKING CONDITIONS
  • Exposed to normal industrial environment.

Each employee is expected to work in a cooperative manner with management/supervision, co-workers, customers and vendors.

Pay is DOE starting at $12.50 - Day shift
Apply Online

Send an email reminder to:

Share This Job:

Related Jobs:

Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.