Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
Hopkinsville, KY 42240
The Forklift Operator moves pallets and other materials through the different areas of the Distribution Center, Reverse Logistics Center, supporting production requirements in those areas, as well as loading and unloading customer trailers. Forklift Operators also Power-Sort pallets as part of their daily responsibilities in some locations. In all sites, Forklift Operators must achieve expected production requirements while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operates forklift to move pallets through the different areas in the Distribution Center or Reverse Logistic Center. Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus. Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets and transports load to designated area. Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
The forklift operator is responsible for supplying and retrieving pallets or materials form different areas throughout the Distribution Center or Reverse Logistic Center as needed. The operator is responsible for making decisions regarding the movement of pallets or materials to maximize the efficiency of the location. May lubricate truck, and replace liquefied-gas tank.
Work requires operator to sit for long periods of time. Forklifts must be operated with extreme care, adhering to company safety procedures at all times. May be required to lift pallets by hand, each weighing 50 lbs
Forklift operators must have a valid certificate of training from a technical trade or other comparable school. Operators will also receive additional training from the Company. Forklifts must be operated with extreme care, adhering to company safety procedures at all times.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math, language and reading skills with attention to detail along with basic computer skills
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for keeping records
- Able to pass a background and drug screen
- Open availability
- Understanding that overtime may be required and is considered mandatory
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitively motion to include adjusting body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for entire shifts of varying lengths in time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to work overtime and shifts up to 12 hours per day on a regular or irregular basis