Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
CNC Machine Operator
Asheville, NC 28802
Produces machined parts, operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintains quality and safety standards; keeps records; maintains equipment and supplies.
Must frequently life and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequently required to walk, climb, stand and balance.
Proper PPE and steel toe footwear required
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform CNC operations
- Operate machines in accordance with process sheets and any other required paperwork (i.E. Drawings, specifications, ect.)
- Use manufacturing paperwork (travelers, blueprints, sketches, ect)
- Manufacture product that meets quality requirements. Inspect and verify work prior to submitting for inspection. If non conforming, process via non-conforming material procedures
- Meet time and schedule standards for assigned work
- Correctly process work via required paperwork
- Perform non-CNC tasks when necessary; non-CNC equipment operation, hand-work operations, inspections, saw-cut operations ect.
- Maintains specifications by observing operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
Necessary Skills & Experience
Must know the basic geometry of cutting tools
Must understand basic gauging techniques
Must understand the basic tooling, turning tools, milling and drilling tools
Must understand the basic movements of the machines axis' s
Basic shop math
Ability to work independently
Must have basic blueprint reading abilities
Basic computer skills
Training and Education:
Completion of accredited CNC curriculum or
Previous CNC Training; HS Program, Technical School, or Military Training or
3-5 years verifiable CNC specific experience