Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
Boiler Room Operator
Marion, NC 28752
These positions are 2nd shift and located in Old Fort, NC and the pay rate is based upon experience.
Apply now at talentforce.Com or come by our office at 33 Burgin St. Marion, NC 828-659-9300
- Responsible for monitoring the operation of both wood and oil-fired boilers
- Uses a Bobcat to load sawdust into dust auger to fuel boiler
- Conducts tests, inspections of valves and performs daily blow downs on equipment
- Monitors and adjusts firing, fueling, water temperature and pressure of boilers
- Makes periodic inspection of wood feed system and unclogs system when necessary
- During the week days, performs general maintenance duties to repair and/or perform preventative maintenance, as well as, assists with completing work orders
- Ability to routinely stand, walk, bend, reach, push, pull and lift moderate to heavy items
- Ability to climb to top of silos and perform preventative maintenance work
- Experience with maintenance of boiler equipment in a furniture manufacturing facility is preferred
- Good at troubleshooting and basic mechanical skills with a general knowledge of mechanics, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing are required
- Great safety record
- Ability to work independently on 2nd shift without direct oversight by Manager