Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
Gastonia, NC 28054
- Set up, operate, and tend machines that wind up polyester strap and prepare it for shipping.
- Thread machines and splice in strap in cans from the dye machines.
- Set up blocking machines to run proper speed and doff length based on specifications.
- Clamp new cardboard cores in place on the winder and tape in place for wind up.
- Engage machine and verify proper roll wind up.
- Doff completed rolls.
- Package rolls for shipment by taping loose end to roll and placing in a box and placing on a pallet.
- Samples will be taken on a periodic bases for the lab to verify adherence to quality standards based on the specifications.
- Clean machines including glue heads, cutoff switches and glue melt units.
- Maintain housekeeping around work area.
- Fill out daily production reports.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Ability to read, write, understand basic communication and do basic math.
- Ability to follow work schedules including modified shifts and possible overtime.
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch as needed to lift yarn packages into the creel and doff rolls off of the machine.
- Ability to lift 13-60 lbs. Repeatedly, throughout shift.
- Ability to work around hot machinery for long periods of time.
- Prior Manufacturing experience preferred.
Hours: 3: 00 p.M. - 11: 00 p.M. (2nd shift)
Days: Monday - Friday
Pay: Starts at $11.00/hour based on experience
Must have a clean background and good work history.