Welcome to the TalentForce job board! We feature temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time positions in light industrial, manufacturing, and administrative.
Our sign-up page allows you to create an account and receive job alerts for jobs in your preferred category. You can also search the job board for jobs that may interest you. You can also add your application to our system without applying for a specific job. Remember, we’re here to help!
Gastonia, NC 28054
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans assembly procedures, following specifications.
- Assemble basic machines with belt, motor, and other items pertaining to operations
- Selects components and aligns components, and bolts, screws, or rivets them together to specifications
- Keep work area clean and in good order
- Work in a team environment and follow safety rules
- Use power and hand tools during assembly functions
- Complete paperwork accurately and report labor accurately.
- Tests or assists in testing operation of completed product.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone' s efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and understand prints and bill of materials
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Shift: 2nd (4: 00 p.M. - 12: 00 a.M.)
Days: Monday - Friday
Pay: $13.68/hour *Plus a shift premium of $1.00/hour